Networked Streaming Stereo Amplifier
The Bluesound Professional B170S networked streaming stereo amplifier is a complete solution for a commercial music installation. The B170S combines a high-quality stereo low impedance and constant voltage amplifier with a BluOS enabled network music player. The B170S’s amplifier section provides 2 x 80W of power into 4/8Ω or 2 x 100W at 70V or 1 x 100W at 100V. This provides plenty of power for most small/medium spaces and thermostatic fan cooling provides for reliable operation in commercial environments. The amplifier technology is highly energy efficient and also has a standby mode consuming only 6W of power. The addition of constant voltage outputs allows for long chains of small speakers to be powered with variable power tapping at each speaker giving control of local volume.
The form factor of the B170S allows it to be mounted individually vertically or horizontally on or under shelves or tables or on walls. Up to six B170S units can be mounted side-by-side in a 3U space in a rack using the optional RM160 rack mounting shelf for a compact 12-channel system with six independent or grouped zones.
- A complete stereo solution for commercial installations
- Integration with local network content storage
- PC/Mac, iOS/Android and third-party control
- Security preventing unauthorized control
- Flexible and unlimited grouping of zones within a BluOS system
- Streaming via ethernet for increased reliability
- USB input for replay from local connected drives
- Energy-efficient amplification providing both low impedance and constant voltage outputs
- 2 x 80W into 4/8 ohms
- 2 x 100W @ 70 Volts
- 1 x 100W @ 100 Volts
- 6W standby mode
- Flexible mounting options including mounting of 6 x BS170S in a 3U rack space using the optional RM160 rack mounting shelf